Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Run #3

Ran 3 miles in 29 minutes yesterday and then again today. In the snow. : )


Lately I've been on a dominos pizza kick.. oh my my.. but today I craved something else. Running! I couldn't believe it. I was driving home from Wal Mart with the kids, a little stressed out, and I just couldn't wait to run in the snow. It was like a test. Flakes falling from the sky is a pretty good excuse to not go running, but I just couldn't stand making another excuse. We walked in the door and I ran upstairs to get dressed for it and left before I could even think about it. I felt amazing! I saw my neighbor waving as she drove by. My friend's husband rolled down his window and shouted "I'm telling Jeannette you're running without her!" with his very think Irish accent. It was sooo cool to be that girl. It takes your mind off of everything!

All I kept thinking was You go girl.  : )  It's nice being able to be proud of yourself for something. Especially to the point where you think about it several times a day. I mean, I am proud of who I am as a wife, but I don't think about it too often. But running.. it makes me smile a dozen times a day.

Too bad I can't be proud of cleaning my house. Because it is in need of some serious TLC. I keep saying tomorrow, but shit keeps coming up. I have got to stop delaying the inevitable and not eat or sit down until a humongous chunk is crossed off my To Do List.. but not today. We'll do that "tomorrow."

Teheheheheh

Tootles

No comments:

Post a Comment