Saturday, February 11, 2012

5 miler

Distance: 5.11 miles
Time: 0 hr 49 min 26 secs
Average pace: 9:40 min/miles
Calories: 439

We recently got our income tax return.. I had such grand plans for my chunk of change.. oh the plans.. and then.. shit came up.. and my plans were over.. before they even began..  hehe.. oh well.

One of the splurges I was ganna buy was a Garmin running watch.. ta daaaa:








This watch is amazing.. not only does it track your overall time, it uses GPS to keep track of each individual mile's pace. It tells you the elevation you ran, your average pace. It's just a great tool for tracking your progress. But, being as I already spent too much money, I really don't wanna drop $100 on this bad boy.

And now, I don't have to! My Droid broke and I had to buy a new phone, so I got the iphone 4s, which I must admit, I wasn't a fan of at first. But only because it was new and different and I wasn't use to it. But now that I'm getting the hang of it.. I can understand the iphone craze.

One of the apps Log Your Run does exactly what the Garmin does. Oh my word, seriously?! I feel like the luckiest person ever. I got a new phone, and since it plays music it's like having an ipod touch, and now it's like having a new Garmin too.. The app is also available online so I can log in from my lap top and see my results as well. This has been a great great find!

Did I mention that I haven't ran 5 miles since I was in Army.. and that I got out of the Army in 2001.. um yeah. I was a bit nervous attempting it, but I figured worse case I'd just do that run/walk dance that people do. You know the one where they look like they are running, but they might as well be walking because they are moving just as slow. Yeah, that one. But, I didn't have to.. I made it the entire time just trucking along at a 9.4 minute mile. Which isn't fast by any means, but it's a good pace for me, for now.

And now, I'm in bed. ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment