Sunday, February 13, 2011

Operation Overcome Laziness

Went through some old diaries the other day.. what a hysterical trip down memory lane.. I found one year's resolutions.. and all I can say is I am so very thankful that I am no longer in that girl's shoes.. she was a very unhealthy and unhappy person..

I feel pretty good about myself these days.. but I think that has a lot to do with self-acceptance.. and focusing on the good and not the bad..

I do have one self-destructing habit that I just can't ignore though.. I don't know whether to call it laziness or procrastination.. it's both really.. I'm so lazy, until I barely have enough time to accomplish the task and then I go into a frenzy - and usually bring the boys with me - trying to get everything done on time.. whether it be cleaning the house when Frank calls and says he's on the way home.. or chilling all day and then at 7pm rushing to get the boys bathed, nails cut, uniforms ironed, homework checked, etc..

I keep putting laundry off.. and then today I woke up and I have two clean baskets full of cleaned, folded clothes that need to be put away - the two baskets probably contain 5 or 6 tub loads of laundry! And of course the dirty baskets are overflowing as well..

Let alone I haven't done much cleaning at all because I had a Unit exam for school yesterday and my procrastination meant I didn't even open my book until Friday.. so all day Friday and Saturday.. I let the kids do whatever they wanted while I studied.. and my house looks like it.. sticky kitchen floors, cereal on the parlor floor, toys everywhere.. counters covered in whatever everyone felt like not putting away and just dropped it there instead.. totally a pet peeve of mine..

Yeah so.. point is.. I'm lazy.. and I wait until the last minute.. and my life is chaos breeding more chaos.. So that's my new life mission - to get my butt in gear and stop putting chores off until the last minute..

No comments:

Post a Comment