Thursday, September 23, 2010

Nine Year Anniversary

Today is my nine year dating anniversary.. I wonder if many people celebrate their "dating" anniversary.. I don't think too many people do because my girlfriends and my mom make fun of me for it.. but the hubs is totally down so.. we do..

Yeah so.. yesterday Frank comes home with a huge bouquet of flowers.. balloons.. and a heart shaped plaque that reads "The Love of My Life".. and actually I totally forgot about our anniversary.. which is so out of character for me.. in fact this was the first time I've ever forgotten any (we have 3) anniversary.. I thought he was just being nice.. then I read the balloons.. how funny right?! Normally people get in trouble for forgetting an anniversary, but Frank liked it.. he had one up on me..

I can't believe we've been together for NINE years!! We got married less than 3 months after our first date.. insane.. and THEN.. we packed up all our belongings, my son, and my dog and got into a U-Haul and drove south.. without a destination!!! Our parents were none too pleased to say the least.. what a crazy time!

But here we are.. more in love than ever.. sappy sap sap I know.. but it's true.. even though I wanna punch him in the face sometimes.. hahaha..

*WINK*

ok.. I was ganna end it there.. but I have GOT to explain the *WINK*

September 22, 2001.. Frank and I were both stationed at Fort Meade, MD.. he had been recently assigned to the office I worked in.. he came up to me and handed me a yellow sticky with his phone number on it.. and said sutten like.. if you ever wanna hang out.. give me a call..

So I did what any girl propositioned with a hotties number would do.. I called two of my guy friends and asked them to come over that night to play cards.. then called Frank and was like.. heyyyy.. I'm having some people over tonight if you wanna come by.. ha! It was all a set up..

So the four of us hung out.. playing cards and drinking some.. and the other two guys eventually crashed.. but Frank and I stayed up all night getting to know one another.. we kissed here and there.. but I was so guarded.. he was SO cute.. I just knew he only wanted one thing.. because I was so insecure I didn't believe he could actually like me.. and then.. somewhere in the wee hours he said.. I think I'm falling in love with you.. and that was it.. I was irate! actually.. I was more humilated.. because what a BS line.. that just proved he only wanted one thing! I kept telling him to shut up and said "You're just drunk!" even though I knew he wasn't because we didn't even drink that much.. and he was like.. no seriously.. so to end the awkwardness I just said.. ok, if you still feel the same way tomorrow.. tell me then..

And he said.. How about I'll wink at you! I'm like what?.. and he insisted that he would wink at me the next day.. and that would prove that he was falling for me.. so whatever.. we eventually fell asleep.. and the next day at the office.. I REFUSED to look at him.. because then what if he thought "OMG.. does she really think I was serious? What a dork!" haha.. He tried making eye contact with me, but I was avoiding it like the plague!

So he sent me an email.. and all it said was:

*WINK*

We eloped less than 12 weeks later.. and here we are.. NINE YEARS LATER!!

No comments:

Post a Comment