Monday, August 23, 2010

Ma!! There's a squirrel in my room!

Rainy day.. loving the cool breeze though.. I miss opening my windows and doors and getting fresh air in the house.. I'm not a fan of the AC.. I mean we use it everyday.. but it's not central air.. it's window air conditioners so if you sit by them, your freezing.. plus I'm not a fan of the energy or money used to run them..

So um yeah.. I'm ready for fall.. I don't like wishing for the future.. but.. I so want the boys to be back in school.. and for Frank to have a legit jobby job.. I guess thats more for my need of routine more than anything tho.. and my sanity.. and money.. lol

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ummm... Ethan just threw a diaper at me.. TWICE!! Nasty little boy.. He was wearing it.. though didn't pee in it yet.. I'm trying to take it off to put undies on him.. he's been doing great with the potty training! But for some reason he's ticked I took it off..

He pretty much is potty trained (pee, not poop) so long as he is naked.. if he doesn't have anything on.. he knows to sit on the potty.. or tell me so I can take him to the big potty..

But the second he has shorts or undies on.. I guess he feels like he's in a diaper.. so he goes in his pants.. So that's today's mission - to get him potty trained while in clothes.. cause this whole naked thing really gets in the way.. my girlfriend has a young daughter.. the poor neighbors.. and us!! The other day he stood up at the dinner table.. not. appropriate. lol

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So this morning Ayden woke me up at 5:55am screaming and hysterical crying.. I was so frazzled that I ran to him without even grabbing my glasses.. which means everything was SOOOOOOOO blurry.. I am seriously close to being blind.. I'd be in "bottle capped" glasses that make my eyes look like two little freckles except (A) technology has changed and they fixed that problem for the most part and (B) I usually wear my contacts..

but anywho.. so I go sit on his bed and..

I'm like "Shhh.. what's the matter?"

Ayden: "There's a squirrel in my room!"

Me: "No baby, it was just a dream."

Ayden: "NOOOOOO!!!!! It's RIGHT THERE!!!!" *as he points to the corner of his room*

Me: "Ayden, I can't see. Is there seriously a squirrel in here?"

Ayden: "YES!!!! It's right there!"

I'm freaking!! What the hell am I ganna do.. I got this rabies infested animal in my kids room.. I can't friggen see.. It's so early I can't scream and wake Frank or Gavin up.. Aiy yi yi..

After a few minutes I thought to throw something in that corner and hope he runs off so I can at least go get my glasses and better assess the situation..

I grab the pack of wipes and chuck it.. and

Ayden says "Ohhhh, it was just the garbage bag."

WHAAAAAAT!?!?!?!

*Rolls Eyes*

Sigh.. my father would say something along the lines of.. "The apple doesn't fall too far from the tree." ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment